Friday, March 30, 2007

Miracles happen almost daily around here

Sunday was a day of miracles for Katy. She was playing in the sanctuary at church while we had choir practice and her Daddy was watching her. He got my attention and told me to look at her and she was on her hands and knees rocking back and forth. I was thrilled and by this time she had everyone's attention, Anita(the choir director) even stopped the music. Well here comes the miracle! She actually crawled on hands and knees about 10 feet with a grin the size of Texas on her little face. The crowd applauded and she beamed with excitement and did it again. Well, that's not all folks. Later that night I was sitting on the couch eating a burrito and she scooted over to me with that same Texas-sized smile and snatched the burrito right out of my hand and took a bite. She quickly dug the tortilla out of her mouth and savored the bean and beef filling. I was completely floored! I thought I was dreaming. I fed her a good bit of that burrito filling and she still seemed a bit hungry so I fixed her some beef baby food and warmed it and spiced it up with some Mrs. Dash seasoning and some salt and she devoured it all. She has been eating decently ever since. Maybe, just maybe we are on our way to a tube-free Katy Bug.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Katy!

Anonymous said...

That is what makes Miracles special.
Katy's was a good as any there is.

Granddad

Christi said...

Oh Jenn!!! How awesome!!!