Monday, April 2, 2007

The Easter Drama

Our church(Coldwater Baptist Church) had our Easter drama yesterday. I must say that it was very good. Every person in our family had a part. I sang a solo on the last song, Christ the Lord is Risen Today. William played Jesus for the crucifiction and resurrection. And there was a scene where I sat in a rocking chair reading to all of my kids from the Bible while the choir sang Tell Me the Story of Jesus. I hope that is the story of my life, that it will tell the story of Jesus from every facet.

I was sooooo nervous for my solo because it is rather high and I had just watched the crucifiction scene so I was a little choked up and I just had a hard time in practice with the song. My hands were sweaty and my legs were shaking.

William did an excellent job with the portrayal as well as Willy and Rick Walls who played the Roman soldiers. I could hear everyone in the place gasp as they took him from the cross and he fell to the floor and the sound echoed through the whole place. I hope that next year will be even better and it will touch someone to the heart.

The children had a musical celebration last night and it was really great. Sean took part for the first time and he did very well. I hope to at least teach him to sign while the others sing, but we'll just have to see how that goes.

No comments: